Barrio Viejo was the first developed neighborhood outside of the fortified Presidio in the Tucson of the 1860's.
Newspaper tycoon Bill Small thought this would be the perfect place to store his vast art collection. Small's architect son built the gallery and kept it a secret.
The secret was revealed when Small died in 1994 and his collection was donated to the Tucson Museum of Art. Since then, the space has not housed any art until last year when a new gallery moved in... the Gallery Centella.