On this October 27th, 2022 edition of ARIZONA SPOTLIGHT with host Mark McLemore, it's that time of year again. Be sure to light up the jack-0-lantern - and turn up the radio - for the 14th annual Haunted Halloween Arizona Spotlight!!
- Adiba Nelson walks among some unsuspecting locals to ask them about their memories of Halloween "Tricks & Treats"…
- Are hauntings good for the Southern Arizona economy? Samantha Larned takes a closer look at the economics of ghost tourism, in Tucson and Bisbee.
- Meet the co-hosts of the podcast “Monstras”, who tell Mark about how they use their expertise to explore the world of Latin American folklore, focusing on horror, death, and lots of monsters.
- Don't be fooled by the cute exterior! Learn about a dangerous mythical creature of the Southwest created by Sofia, an 11-year-old from The Youth Center at Literacy Connects.
- Face the terror - and comedy - of families getting lost in the Apple Annie's Orchard corn maze, courtesy of Leah Britton.
- And, listen to a lovely essay written by Anna Augustoska in 2014, exploring how All Souls Day is observed in Poland, in contrast with the way it is now celebrated in Tucson with the annual All Souls Procession.
"On behalf of host Mark McLemore, production engineer Jim Blackwood, plus contributors Adiba Nelson, Samantha Larned, Leah Britton, the spirit of kindly, lovable old Dr. Scar, and all things that go bump in the desert night, we wish everyone a very safe -- and very scary -- Halloween weekend!"
Webpage by Leah Britton.