Featured on the December 7th, 2023 edition of ARIZONA SPOTLIGHT with host Mark McLemore:
- Multi-talented performer and game show host Jane Lynch loves Christmas, and she wants everyone to celebrate it with her. Jane and her friends including Kate Flannery (from “The Office”) and Tim Davis(musical director for “Glee”) will perform “A Swingin’ Little Christmas” at The Fox Tucson Theatre on December 13th, and Mark talks with Jane Lynch about why this show is her Christmas wish come true. Tickets for the show are available here
- The unique Tucson landmark called The Valley of the Moon is celebrating 100 years since its founding. Find out why this replica of an enchanted fairy village is still capturing the imagination of visitors young and old.
- Visit a rehearsal of The Tucson New Horizons Band conducted by Dr. Matthew Williams as they prepare for their annual holiday concert. New Horizons is an opportunity for local seniors to learn to play a new instrument, or reconnect with an instrument they may have learned in childhood, and connect with new friends.
The New Horizons Band will be performing in a free concert open to the public on Saturday, Dec. 9 at 3:30 p.m. in Crowder Hall.
- Spotlight Community Theatre prepares for their big holiday variety show, "Christmas Shorts" running Dec. 14-16 at Deus Church.
- And, the Tucson non-profit Literacy Connects sponsors a group of performers and musicians called “Stories That Soar!”. They help young writers realize the power and potential of bringing their stories to life, for the stage, video, and radio. We are now presenting these stories on the first Thursday of every month here on Arizona Spotlight.
This week, we’ll hear from Rehema, a thoughtful second grader from Drexel Elementary, who wrote about a slice of life that demonstrates her unconditional love for her mom, who she recognizes may not be perfect, but always tries her best.
Aspiring student-age writers can submit their stories to The Magic Box Story Portal now!
Webpage by Leah Britton.