More Transportation Stories

Traffic fatalities climbed in 2021. What can lawmakers do about it?

Tara Gill at Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety says Arizona gets poor marks for its traffic safety laws.

Sonora governor continues to push to reroute Nogales rail line

Gov. Alfonso Durazo said even with only a few trains crossing daily, the location of the tracks is inconvenient and dangerous for residents of Ambos Nogales.

Sierra Vista suspends service on three bus routes

Vista Transit says it does not have the staff needed to keep operating its brown, orange or green bus lines.

Gov. Ducey approves $400 million to widen I-10

Project will widen about 25 miles of the interstate between Phoenix and Tucson.

Masks no longer required on public transportation in Tucson

SunTran pointed out that while masks are no longer required, the CDC still recommends public transit riders wear masks.

Tucson voters to decide on keeping sales tax for roads

Proposition 411 would continue an existing sales tax in place for ten years, raising an estimated $740 million to improve roads, bike paths and more.

New University of Arizona research center established to help solve traffic issues

The Center for Applied Transportation Sciences receives funding from the city, county and state

Cyclovia returns to Tucson

The event went on hiatus for two and a half years due to the pandemic.

Tucson wants to hear arguments for and against extending road improvement sales tax

Proposition 411 uses revenue from a temporary, half-cent sales tax to improve roadways and other infrastructure in Tucson and expires this year.

Kelly proposes suspending federal gas tax

The suspension would extend until the start of 2023.

Infrastructure act funds are on the way to Arizona

The first rounds of funds will go to mine and well cleanup and public transit.

Union Pacific will use self-driving trucks to move freight between Tucson and Phoenix

It will be San Diego company TuSimple's first customer on that route.

Tucson voters will decide on sales tax for road improvements

The proposal, called Proposition 411, earmarks 80% of the money raised for neighborhood streets, with the remaining 20% spent on safety improvements for bicyclists and pedestrians.

The future of trains, infrastructure and the RTA in Southern Arizona

This week, The Buzz is all about transportation.

Tucson weighs future with RTA over representation disputes and claims of underfunded projects

The city will decide whether or not to participate in the next phase of the RTA next week

Tucson city council weighs extending half-cent tax increase

Prop 101, approved in 2017, expires this year.

Selected Archive Filters

AZPM is a service of the University of Arizona and our broadcast stations are licensed to the Arizona Board of Regents who hold the trademarks for Arizona Public Media and AZPM. We respectfully acknowledge the University of Arizona is on the land and territories of Indigenous peoples.
The University of Arizona